Friday, February 28, 2014

The happiest place on earth


We’ve all heard the slogan, “the happiest place on earth”. 
Disney, Universal, Canada’s Wonderland, and other theme parks provide great family fun and entertainment.

Before going to a theme park over your vacation, there are some things to consider, such as:
  • Price
    • Tickets
    • Food and drinks
    • Souvenirs
  • Crowds
    • Can be very busy, so safety may be a concern
    • Waiting in lines, some offer an express pass but this will come at an additional cost
    • Need patience for lines and parking
    • It will be loud, with screaming kids and crying babies
  • Weather
    • When the weather is nice, there will be more people
    • Bad weather (thunderstorms) will not be as busy but some rides will be shut down
    • Can be difficult finding a place to get out of the sun or rain. Seating can be hard to find.
  • Age

Theme parks have something for all ages, but that doesn’t mean that you should take your toddler. Everyone can still enjoy themselves but it will limit your choice of rides and it can be difficult maneuvering a stroller. Also, your children won’t remember it. My parents took me when I was young but I don’t remember anything, besides my Fifel doll. If you’re going to take your children, take them when they will be able to remember the park. Children should be at least four but eight is a great age. At this age they can do more rides, walk around the park will less complaining and remember the day.




13 comments:

  1. These are some great tips to think about Jessica! I completely agree with you to consider what age your children are because similar to you, I also don't remember when my parents took me to amusement parks when I was young. Cute family pictures - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think sometimes people think that if you take your kids when they are young, its going to be some great photo-opps. But thats often all the kids walk away with. We don't remember what an awesome day that we had and getting to meet some of our favourite childhood characters.

      Delete
  2. Jessica, I love the family photos, they're adorable! I also loved Disneyland, it really is the happiest place on earth. I haven't been in ages, but I plan on going back now that I am older and will remember it more. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra, it gives me a great reason to go through old photo albums! If you go back now, you will almost love it more now because you get to act like a kid again and go on more rides because you meet all the height requirements. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Disney and I definitely think is one of the happiest places on earth. Your family pictures are so cute. I want to know where you are going to take us next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I loved the trip down memory lane! Thanks for providing the perfect checklist for a memorable vacation such as Disney Land. The family photos you posted were definitely a bonus! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this post.
    My parents also took me to Disney when I was too young (I was three) and haven't been back since. The tips you provided will come in very handy on my next theme park visit.
    Btw, little you looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't been to Disney! This post made me really want to visit the place, it sounds fun and exciting and so many tips to remember! You are never too old to please you inner child, so I will go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a kid (an only child) my parents really spoiled me and took me to every amusement park possible. I have been lucky enough to visit both Disney's, the one in California and the one in Florida, unfortunately my parents also took me to SeaWorld, (a park I really dislike and do not support) however I'm thankful I got to see it and experience how SeaWorld fails to represent everything they stand for. I will continue to visit Disney and hopefully when I have my own family, share this amazing and fun park with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to go to Disneyland but it is on my bucket list, and I will keep your recommendations in mind! Great post and adorable added photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only have been to Hong Kong Disneyland during my university summer holiday. It was a great trip and lots of lifelong wonderful memories. Your checklist in this post are very useful for a memorable family theme parks trip. Thanks, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww love this post! Especially the cute family photos. I have to agree with the "happiest place on earth" - as a child I went to Florida every year and visiting Disney World was defiantly the highlight of my trips. (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, how adorable is your family! I have been to Disney World before and it was definitely a highlight of my childhood, I want to go back so bad so I am using my little brother to convince my parents to take us lol. Great blog Jess, I have truly loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete