Thursday, February 13, 2014

Are We There Yet?


The most annoying travel question.

As I’ve said before, my family travels by car. But no matter what type of transportation you take, parents and travel companions be warned, you are going to hear the annoying, are we there yet question.

I know that my siblings and me were guilty of asking this question, not once but multiple times on our trips and it can quickly become aggravating. With the use of technology and some preplanning before travelling, you do not have to hear this question or hopefully not as often.

Ideas for kids or adults to kill time while travelling:
  1. Activity books 
  2. Car games (Ex. eye spy) 
  3. Music
  4. Books/magazines 
  5. Movies
  6. Playing cards
  7. Travel board games
  8. Game systems such as Nintendo 3ds (Don’t forget the games)
  9. IPod
  10. Ipad or tablet 


Some of my personal favourite car past times are:
  1. Books
  2. Movies
  3. Ipad
  4. And when I was younger my Gameboy, I loved playing Pokémon

These are just some ideas. You may find that your miniature travel buddies can’t read in the car but listening to music might be the key to keeping them entertained. If you are going to bring electrical devices, make sure they have plenty of battery to keep the entertainment going.

Last tip, the best time killer for travelling at any age is sleep!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like my brother and I. We used to take yearly road trips down to Sarasota, FL every year to my grandparents place and my brother and I were stuck in the back of the van. I was the smart child and did my homework that I would be missing on my way down so I could enjoy the trip, but on the way back, I would be bored. We had the Gameboys and travel games, but I know I was always the annoying child in the back seat stirring up trouble. Brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, even with all the toys in the world, you just have to know and ask, are we there yet? :)

      Delete
  2. Sleeping in cars has proven difficult for me, so I usually count on books and music for entertainment. I've also recently found that crossword puzzles and knitting are good options for a long ride. Although, nothing can really beat Gameboy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never thought to knit while travelling, probably because I can't knit. But now it gives me the perfect excuse to give it a try.

      Delete